Monsanto’s Mutated Dangers of GMO food
Genetically Engineered Foods or Genetically modified organisms (GMO) are genetically engineered organisms created by gene-splicing the genes from plants, animals, bacteria, and even viral gene pools in biotech labs. Monsanto introduced genetically modified Roundup Ready soybeans in 1996 and genetically modified corn in 1998.
Most corn harvested in America was sowed with genetically modified seeds. GMO Corn is used in virtually every processed food in the form of of high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, corn starch, corn oil and corn meal. For a detailed list of food products using GMO corn, please visit the Top 20 Foods and Food Products that have been Genetically Modified. GMO corns have been the cause of increase in food allergies, infertility, and tumors.
After a French study revealed cancer risks of genetically modified corn, Mother Russia has banned the imports of Monsanto’s GMO Corn while the United States bans the labeling of GMO foods. The Food and Drug Administration has never required labeling of genetically modified foods since they approved bioengineered foods in 1994.
According to Just Label It, 92% of Americans want the FDA to label genetically engineered foods.
Apparently, the effort to label GMO foods has failed on both the East Coast…
Occupy Monsanto at Boston Bio Convention (6.18.2012)
and West Coast…
Genetically Modified Food Label Initiative Failing 44 to 7
On Nov 6, 2012, Californians defeated Proposition 37, the Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered Food.
Say No to the Franken-Seed they Sow
For Music Monday, Old Man Santo Had a Farm
For your reading and laughing pleasure, you may also like these related posts…
- Denise Richards’ Fun Bags are 100% Real
- Keeping Abreast of Breast Cancer
- Alicia Mayer, Cabbage Patch Poster Girl for Vegetarianism
- Amanda Holden Lettuce Grease Talent
- Heidi Montag: Change Is A-Breast
- Two Reasons for the Oktoberfest Season
(1) Scientists using Root Cause Analysis have discovered that Monsanto’s GMO crop creations have threaten the environment. Using Bt pesticide on Monsanto’s GMO crops has created ‘mutant’ rootworm insects that are resistant to the biopesticide. On March 5, 2012, 22 Corn Entomologists, concerned with the failure of Monsanto’s Genetically modified Corn crops, sent a letter to the Environmental Protection Agency requesting federal action to deal with the threat posed by Monsanto’s GMO crops. Since insects developed resistance to the inserted gene that is supposed to kill them, the researchers want Monsanto to stop inserting anti-rootworm genes into Monsanto’s GMO hybrid seeds.
Tom Philpott of Mother Jones notes that a plague of Roundup-resistant weeds has been created by using Monsanto’s Roundup Ready corn and soy seeds which were genetically engineered to survive Monsanto’s Roundup herbicides.
Unfortunately, reaping Genetically modified foods sown from Monsanto’s Genetically modified Corn Seed can be deadly. According to a European study, a GMO diet caused kidney and liver problems which indicate the onset of chronic diseases. The researchers noted that GMO soybean and corn varieties are “83% of the commercialized GMOs” that are consumed by people purchasing conventional produce. Corn is a critical food staple which is also used in animal feed and ethanol production.
GMO Ticking Time Bomb
Note: Miss Moneypenny posts comedy and Political Satire on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moneypenny008 and Twitpic at http://twitpic.com/photos/moneypenny008. Readers can also view my tweets and Twitter conversations at http://tweetree.com/moneypenny008.
Monsanto’s Mutated Dangers of GMO food is Titillating Tuesday Humor by Miss Moneypenny aka Debbie Dolphin
Posted on December 4, 2012, in Humor, Political News, Satire, Titillating Tuesday and tagged EPA, FDA, Genetically Modified Organisms, GMO, Monsanto, PSA, Satire, Titillating Tuesday, Wordpress Political Blogs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.