Same B.S., Different Presidents
Father and Son by Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) – 1971
Ironically, Cat Stevens (aka Yusuf Islam) wrote “Father and Son” as part of “Revolussia,” a proposed musical project with actor Nigel Hawthorne. The song was about a son who wanted to join the Russian Revolution against the wishes of his father. “Father and Son” was aired on progressive rock radio stations during the 70s when disc jockeys were discussing social issues between playing “progressive ‘music for the head’.”
Yusuf Islam, who converted to Islam on Dec 23, 1977 and recorded his first Islamic album in 1995, recorded the “Father and Son” song again on his “Yusuf’s Cafe Sessions” DVD in 2007.
Father And Son by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) in 2007
For Your Eyes Only by Sheena Easton
For your reading and laughing pleasure, you may also like these related posts…
- King Putt of the Obama’s Deficit Cup
- Obama Signs the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012
- For Barack’s State of the Union, Obama is in A State of Denial
- Obowma, the Superbower in the Obama Zone
- Wiretaps Campaign Poster by a Obama Fan?
- War is Peace starring Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Obama
(1) Related Tweets to Barack Bush the Third…
Note: Miss Moneypenny posts Political Satire on Twitter at twitter.com/moneypenny008 and Twitpic at twitpic.com/photos/moneypenny008. Readers can also view my tweets and Twitter conversations at tweetree.com/moneypenny008.
My WordPress Blog will be used to archive selected Political Satire tweets.