RomneyCare: Romney’s Signature Achievement
RomneyCare has poured billions more dollars into the Massachusetts healthcare industry, increased the cost of Healthcare and is of little benefit to Massachusetts residents. “Patients with conditions requiring expensive treatments will find it harder and harder to obtain treatment, and those who are treated can expect providers to cut corners to stay under their state-allotted budgets — the very negation of the stated purpose of RomneyCare.” –The New American
On Dec 3, 2011, Mitt Romney conceded that his 2006 health care reform law in Massachusetts did not lower health care spending, claiming the effort was focused on expanding coverage to the uninsured. “We had hoped that what we did would bring down the cost of health care, even in a modest way. That didn’t happen,” -Romney on Fox News’ Republican Presidential Forum hosted by Mike Huckabee
According to the Boston Globe, Healthcare costs increased 6 percent (vs 4.9 percent nationally) in 2008 and 10 percent (vs 4.6 percent nationally) in 2009 for privately insured residents.
According to the Newt’s Notes, RINO CFR Gingrich praised RINO Romney’s Healthcare plan and the individual mandate stating, “Individuals who can afford to purchase health insurance and simply choose not to place an unnecessary burden on a system that is on the verge of collapse; these free-riders undermine the entire health system by placing the onus of responsibility on taxpayers.”
1. State Mandated Healthcare (RombamaCare)
2. First Governor to unconstitutionally institute Gay Marriage
3. Romney supported homosexual and transgendered education in public schools
4. Romney supported abortion with taxpayer funding
5. Fee Fee Romney increased Fees to support Big Government Spending
6. Romney Increased State spending 20.7% ($22.848 billion to $27.588 billion)
7. Government employment grew 7.2% during Romney’s tenure.
8. Romney’s net job growth of 1.4 percent was far below the growth of the national average at 5.3 percent.
9. Romney supports amnesty for illegal immigrants
|Jan, 2003||Jan, 2007||Change|
|Unemployment Rate||5.6%||4.6%||-17.9% (1)|
|State Debt||$16 billion (Jan. 1, 2003 – A22)||$18.7 billion (Oct. 1, 2006 – A24)||+16.9%|
|Debt per person||$7,551||$10,612||+40.5%|
(1) Massachusetts ranked 47th in job growth during Romney’s entire term. Romney took office during an economic upswing yet, Massachusetts’ net job growth of 1.4 percent was far below the growth of the national average at 5.3 percent.
In his first year as Governor, Romney increased the Gas Tax by 400% to raise taxes by $60 million per year.
The father of RombamaCare has increased private insurance costs by $4.3 billion, increased federal spending by $2.4 billion on Medicaid, and Romneycare is estimated to cost $2 billion more than was budgeted over 10 years.
|Jan 20, 2009||Sep 11, 2012||Change|
|Unemployed||12 million||12.8 million (Jul)||+6.66%|
|Unemployment Rate||7.8%||8.3% (Jul)||+6.4%|
|Federal Debt||$10.6 trillion||$16.048 trillion||+51.4%|
|Debt per person||$34,694||$50,967||+46.9%|
|Debt Burden on the Economy||75.2%||101.5%||+35%|
|Consumer Price Index||211.1||229.5||+8.7%|
|Misery Index||7.8||9.7 (Jul)||+24%|
|Americans in Poverty||43.6 million||49.1 million (2010)||+12.6%|
|Food Stamp Recepients||32 million||46.5 million (May)||+45.3%|
|Worker Health Insurance Costs||$4,192||$8,008 (2011)||+91%|
|College Tuition||$5,976||$6,941 est.||+16%|
|Home Values||$185,000||$151,600 (Jul)||-18%|
|U.S. Global Competiveness||2nd||7th||-5 places|
1. Median Household Income has declined by 7.3% percent from January 2009 ($54,983) to June 2012 ($50,964)
2. According to the Federal Reserve, the median net worth of families plunged by 39 percent in three years, from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010
3. According to the Federal Reserve, the percentage of families with no or negative wealth increased to 32.5 percent in 2010 – up from 19.2 percent in 2007.
4. According to the Pew Research Center, the middle income class has shrunk to 51 percent in 2011 from 61 percent in 1971.
5. According to the Pew Research Center, the median Net Worth of the Middle Class plummeted 39% from $152,950 in 2007 to $93,150 in 2010.
6. According to the Pew Research Center, middle income class share of U.S. income shrunk to 45 percent in 2010 from 62 percent in 1970.
10. The percentage of working age Americans with a job has been below 59 percent for 36 straight months
11. According to the National Employment Law Project, 58 percent of the new jobs created have been low paying jobs.
12. According to the Center for Economic and Policy Research, only 24.6 percent of all of the jobs are “good jobs.”
13. In 2011, 53 percent of college graduates under the age of 25 were either unemployed or underemployed last year.
14. The number of jobs created by new businesses decreased by approximately 1 million from 2008 to 2010.
15. One out of every four workers earn less than $10 per hour in the ‘Recovery’ from the Great Recession.
16. Due to the Great Recession, the average pay for self-employed people has fallen 8 percent from $46724 in 2006 to $43,003 in 2010.
17. In the past decade, insurance premiums have increased three times as fast as wages.
20. According to Harvard Univesity’s State of the Nation’s Housing 2012 Study, 20.2 million American households spent more than half of their incomes on housing in 2010, a 12.8 percent increase from 2007 (17.9 million American households)
21. Since 2009, the cost of Household electricity skyrocketed by $300 in one year to $1419 in 2010. Electric rates have increased above the inflation rate for five consecutive years.
22. Home Values have fallen 18 percent. See Obama’s Economic Record Chart above for links…
“They’ll Be Fine” a Mitt Romney Song Parody to the tune of “I Feel Fine” by The Beatles
For your reading and laughing pleasure, you may also like these related posts…
- Is RINObatos Romney the Catch of the Day?
- Mewt Paultorum nominates Mitt Romney
- Cardassian Chameleon Mitt ‘Gul Dukomney’ Romney
- Mitt Romney’s Death Spiral of RomneyCare
- The Magic of Mitt 6.0
- NewtRack Obama, the Progressive Newtron Bomb
(1) Related Tweets RomneyCare: Romney’s signature achievement…
Note: Miss Moneypenny posts Political Satire on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moneypenny008 and Twitpic at http://twitpic.com/photos/moneypenny008. Readers can also view my tweets and Twitter conversations at http://tweetree.com/moneypenny008.
My WordPress Blog will be used to archive selected Political Satire tweets.
RomneyCare: Romney’s Signature Achievement is Vote Smart Political Satire by Miss Moneypenny aka Debbie Dolphin
Posted on October 11, 2012, in Campaign Comedy, Humor, Political News, Political Satire, Vote Smart and tagged Campaign Comedy, Humor, Mitt Romney, ObamaCare, Political News, Political Satire, RombamaCare, Romneycare, RomneyCare: Romney's Signature Achievement, Vote Smart, Wordpress Political Blogs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.